We are pleased to announce the formation of the ASIS Denver Governmental Affairs Committee.
The Mission of this Committee is to:
- Provide a means to have relationships with our Governmental elected officials
- Become the voice of the Security Industry in Colorado and influence policy decisions that affect our companies and careers
- Drive collaborations with other key security stakeholder organizations – such as community-based groups, Chiefs of Police, etc. to leverage our impact and better understand our role in the communities we service
- Support the ability to drive new membership growth by showing the value add of the ASIS membership
The Governmental Affairs Committee (GAC)will report directly to the Chapter President and Board of Directors of ASIS Denver Chapter and would embrace and further the ideals and goals of National.
The committee will be structured as
- Lisa Buckley, Committee Chair
- TBD - Committee Co-Chair
- Target 6 Committee Members
Please fill out our perception of security in the legislature survey HERE. Thank you in advance for helping us narrow in our focus for the committee.
- Committee will meet monthly or more frequently as programming and/or issues require
- There would also be a monthly update to the Board on key accomplishments the committee has made
- Surveys of membership to assess position on key legislative matter
Through programming on various fronts, we would serve not only to expand the awareness and knowledge of the ASIS Denver Brand, but also develop relationships with key industry leaders and stakeholders.
This would also include key events such as:
- Presentation by key municipalities or State Agencies with upcoming changes in legislation that can impact the security industry
- Panel with Chiefs of Police
- “Security Day” at the Capital
- Presentations by key political leaders — such as Honorable Mike Coffman Mayor of Aurora
In organizing a GAC for ASIS Denver we believe we can influence in a strong way the needs of our membership and provide leadership to the Colorado community at large. This will include legislation that supports and furthers innovative security ideals, as well as protection and support for our communities we serve and key stakeholders.
We look forward to you joining the Governmental Affairs Committee today.
Please contact Lisa Buckley for more information. [email protected] or 303-591-3687