Human Trafficking (Jan 2021)
Sex Trafficking & Exploitation Resources (Denver area)
Extended Hands of Hope (EHH)
- A nonprofit that offers safe housing and supportive services to survivors of sex trafficking through services like their Avanti House and community outreach programs.
- EHH also offers specialized training in recovery and recognition of human trafficking.
The Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking (LCHT)
- An anti-trafficking group that educates first responders and community leaders, pushes policy change, and manages Colorado’s 24/7 Human Trafficking Hotline, all with a mission to “inform social change that eliminates human exploitation.”
The Blue Bench
- A community-based nonprofit that aims to eliminate sexual assault and diminish the impact it has on victims/survivors through comprehensive issue advocacy, prevention, and care.
Human Trafficking Center (HTC)
- A nonprofit research and advocacy organization working within academia, their end goal being to provide research that influences anti-trafficking policy and raises public awareness.
- Founded to eliminate the lack of direct services for adults experiencing sex trafficking in Colorado, The Avery Center has a two-pronged approach – advocacy and harm reduction, and economic empowerment programs for survivors.
- Polaris serves survivors of trafficking in real time through their National Human Trafficking Hotline, as well as constantly building on their research to understand how trafficking works in order to eliminate trafficking with targeted, system-level strategies.
Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA)
- A statewide membership nonprofit committed to healing for crime survivors through leadership, education, and advocacy. COVA members include personnel from the criminal justice system, nonprofit organizations, and members of allied professions.